Hepton is a decentralized public chain as well as the sidechain for the Ethereum L1. The Hepton is an EVM-compliant blockchain that delivers a quicker and more convenient low-cost experience for the community. As a result, developers will have access to a robust blockchain ecosystem to create decentralized apps (DApps) and act as a door to the Web3. Hepton comes with two different projects to scale Ethereum which are Hepton-PoS and Hepton-Standra. Read here for further information related to Hepton scaling solutions.
Connecting Metamask to the Hepton TestNet: A Step-by-Step Guide:
- If you’re using a computer, go to metamask.io and add it to your Chrome browser, or download the Metamask app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- When you open MetaMask, you’ll see the “Ethereum Mainnet” default configuration
3. Select the ‘Custom RPC‘ option from the drop-down arrow on the top right of the screen after clicking the ‘Ethereum mainnet‘ option. Click the menu icon in the top left corner if you’re on a mobile device. Select the ‘Networks’ option under ‘Settings.’ Then select ‘Add Network’ from the drop-down menu.
4. You must manually set up the Hepton TestNet after selecting the ‘Custom RPC‘ option. As shown in the picture below, the setup page displays.
To configure the Hepton network, follow the given steps below.
Network Name: Hepton-Testnet
New RPC URL: https://testnet.hepton.io
Chain ID: 404
Currency Symbol: HTE
Block Explorer URL: https://testnet.heptonscan.com
5. After you’ve completed the above setup information, click ‘Save.’ The Hepton Testnet has now been added to the network.
After finised on setting up Hepton-Testnet on your Metamask, you can go to https://faucet.hepton.io/ for claiming free HTE for your account on testnet.
- Access the faucet URL
- Attach your address on the blank column and claim your HTE.